| WarNet Rules Manual
WarNet is a game created to be played in 3 and in the maximum 6 players. Hardly a player will win if he cont only with the luck: a good dose of strategy to leave winner is necessary.
The winner of the game is the one that finish his objective. This objective alone is known only by the player, who in principle must use this advantage: the clear demonstration of its objective will make it difficult conclude it.
Each player chooses a color in the six options(White, black, red, blue, yellow and green).
Each player will receive 1 objective amongst the 14 existing ones, taking knowledge of its text and preventing to disclose it to the others.
It´s recommended to the players who are if initiating in the game, that before the drawing is made a reading of all the possible objectives.
Obs: in the case of the number of players to be inferior the 6, the objectives related with the not participant armies will be excluded from the drawing.
Below the objectives of the game:
- Conquer in the totality the EUROPE, the OCEANIA and plus one third.
- Conquer in the totality the ASIA and the SOUTH AMERICA.
- Conquer in the totality the EUROPE, the SOUTH AMERICA and plus one third.
- Conquer 18 TERRITORIES and to occupy each one of them with at least two armies.
- Conquer in the totality the ASIA and AFRICA.
- Conquer in the totality the NORTH AMERICA and AFRICA.
- Conquer 24 TERRITORIES to its choice.
- Conquer in the totality the NORTH AMERICA and the OCEANIA.
- Destroy the WHITE ARMIES totally.
- Destroy the BLACK ARMIES totally.
- Destroy the RED ARMIES totally.
- Destroy the BLUE ARMIES totally.
- Destroy the YELLOW ARMIES totally.
- Destroy the GREEN ARMIES totally.
Each player passes in his turn, as much in the first one as in all the other rounds, for the following stages, in this order:
a) receive new armies and place them in accordance with its strategy;
b) if desire, attack his adversaries;
c) dislocates its armies will have convenience and
d) receive a card if to make jus to this.
Important Obs.: each phase of the game is explained at great length in follow itens. When it will have doubt on some of these phases, comes back and it reads again the corresponding section, where it is the explanation.
The player, in the beginning of its play, receives armies from the following form: the total number of its territories is added and is divided for 2, only if considering the entire part of the result.
Example: if the player to possess 8 territories, then it will receive 4 armies. If to possess 11 territories, will receive 5 armies.
A player will have to place at this moment all the received armies, in one or more than its territories, as either its strategy. After that some adversary can itself or not be attacked, trying to conquer more territories.
If in the beginning of its time to play the player to possess a continent entirely, then it will receive, beyond the armies the one that to make jus, other armies in accordance with the values of the Table of Armies for Continents. The armies received for the ownership of a continent will have to be distributed obligatorily in the territories of the proper continent.
Example: assuming that the player possesss 19 territories, being 15 spread for some continents and the entire South America (4 territories) it will receive in the beginning of its play:
number of possessed territories: 15 + 4 = 19
number of armies to receive: 9 + 2 = 11
being that the 2 correspondents to the South America must be placed in this continent.
Obs. 1: the minimum number of armies to receive is always 3, exactly in the case of the player to possess less than 6 territories.
Obs. 2: in the beginning of the play, the participant must receive armies from the number from possessed territories, and in agreement it will be the case to receive more armies if to possess a continent entirely, or if she will be able to change the cards (explanations in the section conquest of cards).
It is necessary that it has at least 1 army in each busy territory. Thus, to attack from a territory, they are necessary to the little 2 armies in this exactly territory.
The occupation army does not have the right to attack.
1) The attack, from a territory any possessed, only can be directed to a territory adversary who has borders in common (contiguous territory) or on through one dotted (as the Land she is round, it can be attacked Vladivostok from Alaska and vice versa).
2) The number of armies that will be able to participate of an attack will be equal to the number of situated armies in the attacking territory minus one, that it is the occupation army.
3) The maximum number of participant armies in each attack is of 3, exactly that the number of possessed armies in the territory is superior of 4.
4) A player can attack as many times how many to want to conquer a territory adversary, until being alone an army in its territory or, still, until when finding convenient not to attack.
5) In its time to play, each participant can carry through attacks leaving of one or some territories, in accordance with its strategy. If he wants to attack more than a territory, it must indicate before which territory goes to break the attack and against which territory he will be made. A finished time the first attack, will be able to initiate another attack from same or the other territory that belongs to it.
6) The number of armies that the defense can use, in each battle, is of in maximum 3 and at the very least 1 (being able to also use the occupation army).
7) The attacking player will play with as many dices how many they will be its participant armies of the battle, the same occurring with the player of the defense. Thus, if the aggressor to use 3 armies against one of the defense, it will play 3 dices against one of the defender.
COUNTING OF THE DICE
8) After a battle, the decision of who earns and who loses armies is made of the following form: the biggest point of the attacking dice with the biggest point of the defending dice is compared and the greater of them earns, being that it ties up to it is always of the defense. After that 2º is compared bigger attacking point with 2º bigger of the defender, and the victory decision is as in the previous case. Finally, they compare the lesser values, being based on the same rule.
a) In the case of the aggressor possess 4 armies in its territory and defender 3, both could play with 3 dices. Assuming that the aggressor had taken off 5, 4 and 1 and defender 6, 3 and the 1, comparison would be made of the following form:
As it is seen, the aggressor would have win one and loose two, or then in other words, she would have lost 2 armies and the defender 1 army.
Thus, the territory of the aggressor, who had 4 armies, started to be with 2 and of the defender that had 3, it was with 2. If it had interest, the aggressor could attack with 1 army against 2 of the defense.
b) Attacking: 3 armies - Defense: 1 army. The aggressor can play 2 dices against 1 of the defense. Assuming that the points have been: attack 3 and 2; defense 6, would compare the biggest point of the attack (3), with the biggest point of the defense (in the case alone an only value 6). The victory would fit to the defense, having removed attack one of its armies (notice that the attacking one only must remove a part).
c) Attacking with 10 armies and defender has 4 armies. In this in case that, as already it was seen, each one can use, in each battle, a maximum of 3 armies.
Assuming that the values of the data have been:
Attack: 6, 3 and 2 - Defense: 5, 4 and 2.
The result would be: one victory to the attack against two to the defense. Therefore it would remain to the aggressor 8 armies and defender 3. If the aggressor to want it can continue attacking, playing again 3 data against 3 of the defense.
Assuming that the results are:
Attack: 5, 3 and 2 - Prohibited: 4, 2 and the 1
Aggressor would have 3 victories, having had the defense to remove its 3 last armies of the territory.
CONQUEST OF TERRITORIES
If after the battle the aggressor to destroy all the armies of the territory of the defender, then will have conquered the territory and will have, after the conquest, to dislocate its attacking armies for the conquered territory. This displacement obeys the following rule: the number of armies to be dislocated in this instant is equal, in the maximum, to the number of armies that participated of the last attack. In example b it could dislocate 1 or in the maximum 2 armies, while that in example c it could dislocate, 1, 2 or in the maximum 3 armies.
If after to conquer a territory, the aggressor to want, it will be able to dislocate its armies for the conquered territory, respecting the previous rule, and from the conquered territory to carry through new attack.
When finishing its attacks the player will be able, in accordance with its strategy, effecting displacements of armies between its contiguous territories.
These displacements will have to obey the following rules:
1) in each territory it must always remain at least one army (of occupation) that it never can be dislocated;
2) an army can be dislocated an only time, that is, not if it can dislocate an army for a contiguous and of this for other, also contiguous territory, in one same play.
For example, assuming that the player possesss Brazil, Venezuela and Mexico, it it will be able to dislocate its armies of Brazil for Venezuela, but it will not be able to dislocate, in the same play, these same armies of Venezuela for Mexico.
CONQUEST OF CARDS
If during its play, the player conquers one or more territories, he will have right to receive a card in the end of his turn, after to have carried through the displacements. It is important to notice that, for play, an only card-territory is received. The content of this card must be kept in secret until the appropriate moment of its exchange.
The card-territories when duly combined they give right, in the beginning of the play, in accordance with to receive a certain number from armies Table I that is showed in the board.
Example: The first player who change, receives 4 armies; the second change receives 6, the third 8, etc.
To change cards for armies, it is necessary that the player possesss at the very least 3 cards that they obey the following rule of combination: to possess 3 distinct geometric figures or then 3 equal geometric figures. However the player is not obliged to make the exchange when he will have made one of the described combinations: this goes to depend on its interest at the moment. In the case however of the player to possess 5 cards, it will be obliged, in its time to play, to change cards for armies.
Finally, if when changing the cards the player to possess the territory indicated in the card, then will receive more 2 armies obligatorily placed in that territory.
1) The conquest of a card to each play is important, therefore the cards give right to the act of receiving of more armies.
2) The changed cards are placed to the part of the game. When all the cards will have been distributed, must be collected, be shuffled and reputted in game, consisting a new "mount".
ELIMINATION OF A PLAYER
If during the course of the game, a participant destroys complete one another one, not being this its objective (in case that where the game would have finish), it receives the cards from the player that was destroyed and can use them for exchange, combining or not with its to the end of its play. If not to make, he will be able to keep it the faces and to use them in another chance, since that he does not keep 5 cards more than.
For example, assuming that the player, that he has 1 card, destroys the B that possessed 3, it will be able for occasion of the end of its play to combine 4 cards and in agreement the result, to change them. In the case not to obtain to change as it he conquered a territory, he will receive in the end of its play plus a card, and in the beginning of its next play he will be able to change the cards.
END OF THE GAME
The game finishes when a player reaches his objective.
SUMMARY OF THE PHASES OF THE GAME
In each time to play, the participant can:
1º RECEIVE NEW ARMIES in function from the possessed territories
2º PLACE THESE ARMIES, in accordance with his strategy
3º EFFECT HIS ATTACKS
4º DISLOCATE HIS ARMIES, if desire
5º RECEIVE A CARD-TERRITORY, if conquer at least one territory